Since 1988, Computer Security Day on November 30 has reminded us to check up on the security of our computers. As computers become faster and more advanced, we need to ensure the resources, tools, and information on them protect the people who use them too.
Identity theft, fraud, ransomware, viruses, and more constantly seek the newest and most vulnerable users. Do you know what Mobile Phishing Attacks Are? Protect yourself and your business by giving your computers a security check-up using the checklist below:
- Ensure your operating system and all software is up-to-date
- Install and update antivirus software to protect yourself from the latest threats
- Secure your network with a Firewall
- Always use strong passwords (12 characters minimum, with numbers, symbols, and capital letters)
- Don’t share passwords, and don’t write them down — Use a Password Manager
- Remove unused programs — Clean up your Virtual Desktop
- Secure your wireless network and set up public/private wireless networks
- Protect your data and systems against data loss and disasters with backup management. TEST your backup and recovery strategy.
It is important to review your computer security on a regular basis. If you or your team is feeling bogged down by these constant updates, outsourcing these day-to-day Managed IT tasks can boost your employee productivity. Imagineering can provide all of these services to you for only a few dollars per machine per month.
Spread the word using #ComputerSecurityDay to inform others how they can secure their data!
To find out if Managed IT Services are right for your company, take our free survey »